3.12.2010

The GWCC.

Everyone asks what the heck the GWCC is. I have a group of friends here who are addicts like me and we meet there in the afternoons like its a secret tree fort. I try and tell people about it, or bring my friends when they come to visit. It's hard to explain...you just have to experience it. The Goodwill Clearance Center: you never know what you are going to get. It's a recently expanded warehouse of bins, bins and more bins. These giant blue bins on wheels line the floor as people wander around with numbered blue shopping carts, sifting through the bins for the ultimate thrift store score. Each hour, they change out the bins as people line up for the new ones to come out, like a herd of cows to some feed. It's unlike anything I have every experienced. It's an every day yard sale. And every time I go there, I think, 'Man, my Noni would have loved this place!'

1 comment:

Debra said...

Looks like a lot of fun!