3.28.2010

Trudi

It was love at first sight. I went back to visit her for 3 days in a row and called twice to make sure this fabulous green bike hadn't been sold. And then I remembered the wise old saying, "if you love something, set it free," which I did...for an entire day. But then I got nervous, called the antique shoppe back, and had them put a hold sign on it. I scrounged together every penny I had, decided I could live off the box of pasta I have in the back of the cupboard and tap water for the next week and bought my groovy dream bike. Fantastic.

I asked the cashier what she thought I should name it (as I was shaking in excitement) and she kind of stared at me blankly. The fun lady behind me in line showed a little more enthusiasm about my purchase, told me she had a similar bike and offered to take a picture of me. And just like that my new bike had a name: Trudy. Named after the fun lady with the purple pants.
Trudy and Janis become friends:Oh, I heart this bike so. We are going to be soooooo happy together. :o)

2 comments:

Debra said...

That is a cool bike.

Mommy Fashionista said...

Congrats! She's adorable and I love your naming style. =) Enjoy!