2.22.2009

Costume making!

Yesterday morning was one of those beautiful Saturdays, where I hopped out of bed and went on my favorite adventure: yard saling. I packed a basket of snacks, made a tea for the road and hit a bunch of sales (favorite scores of the day: a vintage poodle skirt with a frog on it and a sequined flapper dress). My friend Kim suggested that I try the Goodwill Clearance Center on Patton Avenue if I was looking for some funky clothes. Oh. My. Gosh. I went in there, and first of all, there was a claw machine (y'know...the kind where you get stuffed animals for a quarter). Second of all, there was a snack machine, bad 80's music playing and everything in the whole place was $1.10/lb.! I had no reason to leave. I was in absolute heaven. Everything from vintage curtains to record players to bad costumes...I walked in there and well, let's just say I lost track of time. And now, today being the Mardi Gras parade, I am looking at this pile o' stuff and piecing it together to make something fabulous. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Mommy Fashionista said...

I cannot wait to see what you come up with! :)