2.10.2009

Ice cream and elephants?

So I've been trying to make some lifestyle changes while in Asheville. These are changes that have been a long time coming...just trying to be healthier and more active. No wheat, no sugar...blah, blah, blah. My first step was to join the YMCA (I know, it's difficult to say it without envisioning the Village People...or at least the Indian dude), which hooks me up with sweet hula hooping and crazy dance classes. And while I am usually what I like to call an opportunitarian (my own made-up word), I decided to give the whole weight room thing a try. Why not? It's included in the price, and there is some sort of twisted satisfaction I get out of being in a room full of meatheads, listening to Thriller on my mp3 player, doing wimpy leg lifts and stupid arm-pull-thingies. Whatever. It's all funny to me, and they have an e-system that logs in your weight lifted and classes. So this morning I check my e-mail and, after fighting with a stupid Illustrator design file that was giving me a hard time (grrr!), I got a good laugh out of this:

First of all, this sundae hardly seems worth eating. Second of all, I lifted a third of an African Elephant? Not an Asian elephant...those are much heavier, as I learned in my sixth grade science fair project. :o)

No comments: