3.04.2009

Citizen Cope!

My friend Larry did some sneaky detective work to get me one of the sweetest Christmas gifts this year. Knowing that I was going to be in Asheville in February, he saw that Citizen Cope was playing at the Orange Peel and got me a couple of tickets. Oh my, I love, love, love Cope! (And I love the Orange Peel too- such a great venue to see any act!) I have been listening to him since Jim turned me onto the Clarence Greenwood Recordings last year, and any of his CD's are such all-occasion, feelgood music. So I had been anxiously awaiting this show for a while and when it finally got here, I was ready! I had the two tickets, and we were able to score an additional one for my brother Darrick on Craigslist. I'm not going to lie and say that it was the best show I have ever been to. Truthfully, Cope seemed exhausted; it was the second to last tour date. But his vocals were amazing, and well, despite stepping in a giant puddle of vomit, I was able to make the best of it by squeezing up to the front row and snapping some great pics. Oh, and I got to meet him, too! Post-show, my sister pointed to the corner of the room, where he was signing body parts and t-shirts. I shamelessly pushed my way up to the front of the room, held out my arm and tried to use my 6 second platform to say something compelling to him. Was it compelling? No. But hey, I got to meet him and we had a great time! (And sorry for the tons of pictures...but I had to step in puke to get them, so I take great pride in them!)
Cope's swirly tour bus!

No comments: