4.17.2009

The Revolving Door

This was a fun little project right here in town that I got to paint a few weeks back. An avid lover of anything vintage, antique, unique and for a bargain price, I stopped into the Revolving Door in West Asheville, where I met the owner, Doni. We connected about painting her windows and signs, and I added splashes of color and movement--I made the windows look kind of vintagy...like old circus signs, and the sandwich board to match. And next--we're painting her front door bright blue for a new funky presentation...more pics to follow upon completion of that project! But what a fun little shop it is! She has a fine selection of vintage boots and belly dancing getups, funky jewelry, and a bargain sale rack that is fun to check out in the back of the room. She is just getting setup online with a site, blog and all that, but you can link to her site here for directions/contact info. Thanks, Doni...I look forward to coming back to add the finishing touches and swirls!

No comments: